1 clove garlic, minced
1.5 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 can chopped tomatoes
1/8 cup tomato paste
1.5 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tbsp dijon mustard (or any yellow mustard)
- Bring the lentils to boiling point and then simmer for 20-30 minutes until soft. Rinse and drain.
- In a soupy pot, heat up the oil and sauté the onion, pepper and mushrooms for about 7 minutes, until soft.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Chuck in the lentils, chili powder, oregano, and salt. Stir for a minute. Add chopped tomatoes and paste. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Slop in the maple syrup and mustard. Leave for the flavours to infuse on the lowest heat setting for 5-10 minutes.